Warming Up Your Cold Market — Six Network Marketing Strategies For Success
Are you finding that prospecting and working your “cold market” is getting chillier these days? I’ve noticed this, especially in the last year. When I contact people who had responded to an advertisement that my company ran, it is much more difficult to establish rapport than it used to be!
I’ve been quite surprised to see how much more closed and suspicious people have been compared to when I made phone calls just a year ago. Perhaps the challenges in today’s world have made their impact on people. They are more fearful, less likely to trust someone they don’t know.
How do you build rapport and build your network marketing business in times like this?Â You will need a little more patience, but if you persevere and follow these five basic network marketing strategies, you can warm up even the chilliest of cold markets!
First, I’d like to review the basic network marketing strategies that create successful organizations. It’s important to understand that the people who excel in network marketing have a large circle of influence. A circle of influence means that there are a lot of people that know you, like you and trust you. If you don’t already have a large circle of influence, and you want to succeed in network marketing, you’re going to need to build one!
How do you build a circle of influence? One person at a time! It is always best to start with people that you know. Contact them and ask themÂ for referrals. Participate in your community, attend Chamber of Commerce events, and hold local meetings. You develop yourself into a leader both personally and professionally, to attract other like minded professionals.
Online, you do the same in the internet community. You build a presence on the internet with a newsletter list or blog (or both) or website, so that you can build a relationship with people. You provide a way that they can get to know you… like an online photo album, and a personal “Get to Know Me” page.
These are the basics of good network marketing. Once you’ve contacted the people that you know, you will want to expand your circle of influence even further and get to know some new people! You can do this through advertising or through hiring a network marketing ad agency to advertise for you. Now, how do you handle today’s increasingly chilly cold market?Â Well, you need to take more time to WARM IT UP!!!
Here are six network marketing strategies for warming up your cold market.
1. Whenever possible, use offline advertising sources such as postcards, newspapers, radio or TV. These prospects see your ad several times before responding, and are usually MUCH more highly qualified. If your ad is credible, people will trust you more easily.
2. If you must use internet advertising, be sure to use an established and proven leads source which includes the use of an e-mail autoresponder. This will allow you to contact people via e-mail legitimately, without spam complaints. If you are very serious about generating leads online, I recommend you create or purchase your own lead generating website. This takes time but is a lifelong investment if done correctly.
3. When you reach a person by phone, don’t rush the relationship building process. Find out what they are looking for, ask good questions, and really listen. Don’t be pushy, focus on their needs. If you’re new at working your cold market, team up with a successful leader in your upline who is experienced.
4. Offer something of value that is free like a report, eBook or consultation, that will both qualify and educate your prospect and that will also introduce you as part of the process. For example, on your free report include a link to your online photo album and your biography or “Get to Know Me” page.
5. Follow up several times to build familiarity and credibility with your prospect. Use an autoresponder to help you in this, but don’t depend on it. There is nothing like a good, old fashioned conversation to build trust. Sending a postcard in the mail may also help a lot!
6. Be a real person. Tell, don’t sell! Avoid sales pitches, instead, share your own story. Network marketing is about being your authentic best self. Let your heart and your integrity shine, and people will remember you and trust you. When they are ready to try your product or join your team, they will call you!